Urban Cultural Planning
MAKING OUR NEIGHBOURHOODS BETTER FOR LIVING!
We want to use culture and creativity to make living better in the neighborhoods in cities or in rural areas in the Baltic Sea Region. The main objective of the Urban Cultural Planning project is to advance the capacity of public authorities in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR)and local NGOs and associations to collaborate on citizen driven cultural planning. The project is a cross border partnership of 14 Project Partners and 36 Associated Organizations in 9 countries.
In this project we will collect the methods of cultural planning in a toolkit and provide mentoring on the use of it.
We will organize 11 Urban Labs to adapt cultural planning methods for wider use in the BSR, including topics of cultural mapping, cultural visioning, stimulating local social innovation etc.
10 BSR Demonstrator projects in the neighbourhoods of cities and towns will address challenges such as shrinking cities, social inclusion, gentrification, lack of community life and others.
Residencies for artists will be organized to have a fresh view on the potentials of the neighbourhoods and games will be used to involve children and young people to empower their creativity in finding the best solutions for local challenges as well as finding new opportunities.
We will organize 3 conferences to bring together cultural planning practitioners with policy makers and stakeholders, regional and city planners, culture departments, NGOs, businesses and media. Conferences will take place in Kiel (2019), Gdansk (2020), and Riga (2021).
UrbCulturalPlanning project is funded by the Interreg Baltic Sea Region (BSR) programme. It is a BSR flagship project running from January 2019 to December 2021 with the total funding of 2.528.385 euros.
The full list of Project Partners:
- Danish Cultural Institute (DK)
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung Schleswig Holstein (DE)
- Copenhagen International Theater (DK)
- City Culture Institute (PL)
- Project company kiel-Gaarden GmbH (DE)
- Guldborgsund Municipality (DK)
- Pomorskie Vovoideship (PL)
- City of Pori (FI)
- City of Riga (LV)
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (LT)
- Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (NO)
- University of Skövde (SE)
- Baltic Sea Cultural Centre (PL)
- Baltic Branch of the National Centre for Contemporary Arts – State Museum and Exhibition Centre ROSIZO, Rosizo (RUS)
Read more about the project